| HISTORIC AND CONSERVATION:|
We understand old buildings and the people that use them or live in them. Whether it is the replacement of a rotten lintel or the conversion of a Listed barn, we use our experience and relationship with the local Conservation Officers to deliver ‘common sense’ and sympathetic solutions utilising sustainable materials and methodologies where possible.
We have a wide range of experience, a sample of which is as follows:
- Structural surveys of historic barns to support planning applications for conversion
- Structural surveys of Listed buildings
- Detailed repair schedules for all material types
- Site supervision of conservation work
- Detailed sympathetic concrete repairs to Listed concrete framed buildings
- Detailed analysis of complex structural forms to prepare cost effective repairs
Image References: Left; Great Yarmouth Winter Gardens, photo Jon Frith - work undertaken by Jon and Dominic at Scott Wilson; Top Right; Cripps Building, photo courtesy of Cambridge 2000 - work undertaken by Jon at Bidwells; Bottom Middle; Ivory Building, image courtesy of Feilden and Mawson - work undertaken by Jon and Dominic at Bidwells. For more information on Bidwells projects go to www.bidwells.co.uk.